In advance of our visit to the Yorkshire Arboretum on Tuesday, I would like to make you aware of the following:
- We will travel by coach, leaving school at 9.00am and returning back for 3.30pm.
- Children should wear their school uniform as this makes them easier to identify. Due to the nature of the workshops it is essential that the children wear trousers (these can be tracksuit bottoms or leggings). Children are welcome to wear trainers or other appropriate footwear.
- The arboretum is primarily an outdoor facility; consequently please ensure your child is sun safe. The aforementioned is especially important considering the forecast for prolonged sunshine on Tuesday.
- Each child will need a packed lunch (no fizzy drinks or glass bottles, please). The children should have a suitable bag to carry their lunch in throughout the visit.
In addition we having the following events taking place next week:
- Wednesday 27th June – Sports day afternoon (see separate post for more information).
- Thursday 28th June – Year 5 Language Day at Easingwold.
There will be no Run a Mile Club on Tuesday (due to the whole school trip). Mrs. Chandler’s homework club/play practice will not take place on Thursday – this will resume on Thursday 5th July.
I would also like to remind parents/carers that as the weather heats up (and long may it last), children need to be protected from the sun during their time at school, as they will be outside for both playtimes, P.E. lessons and other learning opportunities.
An application of sun cream before coming to school should be sufficient, however, if you would like your child to apply more during the day, please don’t forget to put some in their school bag for them to apply.
Sun hats or caps are also essential, together with water bottles.